We were quite surprised, and honored, to find out we were nominated for this award yesterday, by our friends over at Wallcat Gaming (link on left <–This way! No, that way!–>). So there are some rules to being nominated. First, I have to tell you all 7 things about me. Then I have to nominate 15 other blogs and tell them the good news. So, here goes, story time.
- While in Nepal saving orphans from tigers…hah just kidding. First and foremost about me, I am married and have a son. I know you’ve heard about my awesome wife from time to time, we also have a teenager who is well on his way to growing up just like me. Poor kid.
- I am a comic book collector, mostly X-Titles, but I do pick up a few odds and ends here and there, namely Conan from Dark Horse, Knights of the Dinner Table from KenzerCo., and anything related to Lady Pendragon or The Magdalena.
- I am an avid reader of Sci-fi and Fantasy as well as war history, and some popular fiction. My library is upwards of 800 books.
- I am, and always shall be…your friend, Jim. No wait, a gamer, that’s what I am. I love FPS games and multi-player RPGs mostly, with the odd puzzle game thrown in.
- Our whole family is big fans of amine, mostly mecha and suspense, and pretty much anything put out by Studio Ghibli.
- I am proud to admit that I am a roleplayer, and have been for a long time. Over 20 years now since my buddy introduced me to Dungeons and Dragons. I’ve been hooked every since.
- I am a writer, if that wasn’t obvious. Not saying I’m a good writer, but I can put words together and get a few people to read them so I guess that counts.
Ok, now for the blogs I’m nominating, in no particular order.
- Felicia Day’s Blog always a good read.
- Nerdy but Flirty Sara the Rebel’s blog, one of our first followers.
- Wil Wheaton’s Blog also a good read.
- Wolf G. Nards a gaming blog like ours, with a definitive geek bent.
- Zombie Research Society’s Blog can’t be too prepared for the coming ZA!
- Real Actual Hilary formerly known simply as ‘Intern’ before she got famous 😉
- Cauldrons and Cupcakes because my wife loves this one.
- Four Ravens one of my wife’s picks.
- Stampington and Company another one my wife follows.
Ok, so I could only come up with nine. I’m so busy I just don’t have 15 blogs that I follow. Hopefully the above nominees are able to pick up my slack…I know, I suck.